Please, don't even get on this page - once you're in, there is no way out.
Since I had some time on my hands during break last month I decided to actually make some of the things that I had been looking at for a while.
I tried a whole lot of recipes and surprisingly a lot of them turned out eatable! Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of all the things I made, but I will next time. :)
Here is a list of what I tried:
- Pretzel bites - Success! for a day. Then they were just rocks.
- Butter Chicken - Success, after stretching it, because the first time it was burning our taste buds off!
- Naan - Success!
- Baked Donuts - ½ Success - the ones with Chocolate frosting were delicious, the other ones - not as good, but still acceptable.
- Magnetic chalkboard memo board - Good, but the Chalkboard part is not really worth it.. for now.
- String art board - Freakishly hard work and a long process, but it looks fantastic!
The last one is also the one, I want to write about today:
I had been seeing these State string art things all the time on Pinterest, but I liked the ones with words spelled out much better.
Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the one person to redefine the words "love" or "family" for me, so
1. I decided to go with my baptism verse.
After I had tried out a lot of
2. fonts I found the one that looked just the way I wanted it to be. It's called "Stars from our eyes".
I, then, went on to
3. find a piece of wood and got really lucky. My brother had just brought over an old wooden garden table, so that my dad could use it for our fireplace. This table was actually given to my parents by our neighbors and the lady died shortly after I was born. But she first suggested to name me "Theresia", well they obviously went with Theresa, but I love that I now have a piece of this table that my parents were given by this woman.
4. After sawing and sanding it I spray painted it in this lovely navy blue. At that point I was still hopeful to finish the project the next day - wroooong.
5. I taped the letters (that I had printed out) onto the board and started hammering. Nail by nail. For 3 days. Of course not all day every day, but you can only do this for so long before either your eyes, your back or your arms really need a break.
6. After somehow getting these 441 (+/- a few) into the wood I very carefully (!) pulled off the paper letters and all I had left to do was putting the string around the nails: evenly, tight and carefully.
I was happy that I had chosen a relatively thick thread because this made it a lot easier keep the thread on/around the nails than with a thinner thread.
Somehow I managed to knot the thread onto the last nail and not loosen it and not loose(n) any nails in the process. I have to say I felt pretty good after that..
Many people have complimented me on this board and I love how it turned out!
That's my latest big Pinterest-success and I felt this was kinda share-worthy, so thanks for reading.