29.06.2013

Mind blown.

Hey guys! 

From now on, this blog will be in English, keeping you updated on what I'm up to in Germany! 

My travel month was wonderful and very exhausting, but I got to see so many incredible places that it was totally worth it. Los Angeles, San Diego, Joshua Tree, Lake Havasu, Colorado River, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Sierra Nevada, Death Valley, Yosemite, San Francisco and the Cali Coast were the major points I got to visit. Each had his own special highlight: Hillsong United Concert in Los Angeles, the beach in San Diego, hiking in Joshua Tree, sleeping under the stars by the Colorado river, hiking into the Grand Canyon as well as flying over it, Party bus tour in Las Vegas, making it through Death Valley, hiking in Yosemite, seeing a bear, running/walking over the Golden Gate Bridge, sunset cruise in San Francisco, being on Alcatraz, Venice Beach and Hollywood. 
So much to do, so much to see. 

Well, and then I got to spend a few wonderful days with Melissa in NYC, visit Columbia with E., sleep in the most humongous house I've ever stepped foot in (in NYC) and buy expensive Macarons while being stuck in traffic in Lower Manhattan during rush hour. 

Just a-m-a-z-i-n-g. 

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better I get home. To my home in Germany. I have to make that clear these days.. 

All in all I think I kept it together pretty well during all my goodbyes in the States, but seeing German ground for the first and the first Volkswagen Polo (thats my car at home) just got to me. So the tears ran. And ran. And ran. 

My unprayed prayer, well maybe I actually prayed for this indirectly, was answered: One of my suitcases got lost, so when going through customs they didn't get any more suspicious than they already were. I mean seriously - I have clothes that I've worn for almost two years. I still need to pay for that? 
Everything went fine. The guy estimated the Macbook lower than it was, so that I had to pay a lower percentage and less in total. Perfect!

Then my parents were waiting outside the door (where everyone who doesn't go through customs gets out) and I sneaked up on my mom and we just started crying hysterically. After my dad found us we just hugged for like 10 mins.

On the way home we had a picnic, just like we used to have them when we went on vacation as kids. 
And finally home I got to see my brother's finished house and got to meet Kim (my niece) for the first time. I've never seen such a beautiful, funny, happy, content and lovely baby (sorry to all the moms whose baby I've met..). Also it was so great to see my brother as a father!
Then we went out to a restaurant (my parents, my brother + wife + baby) had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed catching up!

 (This is the same as the text that I sent to some people yesterday, so you might have already read this.) Yesterday was the most craziest day ever!!! My mom had invited a bagillion people. For breakfast my earliest childhood friends and their moms (we used to meet for play dates with breakfast and this is pretty much the 20th anniversary of the first time meeting.) and my hairdresser came and our old lead pastor (he's retired now). Then she had also made an announcement at church so about 10 (maybe even more, i kinda lost track) people + our current lead pastor with wife and 4 kids stopped by. My grand uncle and the two grand aunts came as well as all my grandparents. 8-10 neighbors and all my other aunts and uncles and one of my cousins came. A lot of other family friends showed up too. And of course my brother had taken today off so he, Sandra and Kim were there too. It was kind of that they all came in "shifts", not all at the same time, so we had some for breakfast and then a lot for lunch (my dad made pizza in our pizza oven in the backyard), for an afternoon with coffee and cakes and pizza again for dinner. Of course it was raining so we couldn't be outside for the most part and our living room was just crammed. We (it was also kind of moms "graduation/finishing party" for her school thing - she finished last week) got so many flowers that we don't have any vases anymore and there will be enough leftovers for the next few weeks. 

But the best thing and biggest and craziest surprise was that my best friend (who had told me last night on Facebook that the earliest we could meet up would be in 2 weeks - she lives 1.5hrs away) drove up here, to our horse farm (where we met and used to work together and spend all our school breaks), packed up two horses in a trailer, drove here (45 mins btw so not really close), put "welcome home" signs on their saddles and had us go out for a ride after I finished crying. Of course my riding teacher, another one of my best friends (who lives about 5 hrs away, but was there to work these weeks, which I didn't know) and another women from the barn that I'm pretty close with came with and helped her with the horses and stuff. It was so wonderful!!!! Such a crazy but also lovely idea. And the horses loved it too (they had never seen this forest so it was really interesting and new for them). 

My friend stayed here over night and then we went to the farm to say hi to everyone there. Now she went back home, but hopefully she can come to our horse clubs 3-day-event next week! 

Anyway, thats that, now I have to do tons of laundry and cleaning up and paperwork. Yey.
I miss you guys!

Love, 
Theresa



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen